While we did a fair bit of reading in 2017, this is definitely an area we want to grow in during 2018 and I don’t think we are alone in that. I am pretty sure that “read more” is one of the more common resolutions that people have when it comes to the new year. Because of that (and because a couple of you requested it), we wanted to compile a list of books that we have read OR are excited to read. We have tried to include books that have mostly been published in the last several years to avoid it being the longest post in the history of the world.
Since we didn’t personally read as much as we would have liked this year, we are relying on quite a few recommendations and research. Our plan is to update this list throughout the year-- we will add books that we have read and loved and even take away books that we read that weren’t our favorites. We will make sure and let you all know when you need to come back and check it out!
First up are our non-fiction book recommendations. These books cover a range of topics, but hey, we have a wide-variety of interests. We have already read the majority of these books, but a few are based on recommendations, we will update the list as we read the ones that we have not read yet. We will definitely have more to add to this over the course of the year, but it’s a good start for now...
Non-Fiction Book List:
- If You Only Knew by Jamie Ivey
- Unseen by Sara Hagerty
- Borrowed Courage by Tova Sido
- Songs of Jesus Devotional by Tim Keller
- Nothing to Prove by Jennie Allen
- The Road Back to You by Ian Cron and Suzanne Stabile
- Sacred Enneagram by Christopher L. Heuertz
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
- Unbelievable by Katy Turr
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls and Rodrigo Corral
- Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown
- The Dream of You by Jo Saxton
I love myself some good fiction, however, in the past several years, I have not read nearly as much as I would like. (Who wants to commit to read more fiction with me this year?!) Because of that, the majority of these are books that I want to read. With that, I want to add a little disclaimer with this list that some of these books might be removed after I read them if I don’t love them.
Fiction Book List:
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- This Must Be the Place by Maggie O’Farrell
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Hello, Sunshine by Laura Dave
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
- The Senators Children by Nicholas Montemarano
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
What other books should we be adding to our list to read in 2018? Leave us a comment below!
**The majority of the above links are affiliate links. This just means that if you click on the link and purchase one of these books, we get a small percentage. It doesn't impact your pricing at all & helps support us & the blog!**